Gage Hotel Logo
Banner with tagline

Alfred Gage came to Texas from Vermont in 1878, his enthusiasm for Texas fueled by a vast land that offered the opportunity to make his fortune as a rancher, banker and businessman. In 1927, Gage commissioned El Paso architects Trost and Trost to design The Gage as a hotel and ranch headquarters for his 500,000-acre ranch. Sadly, Gage died in 1928, only one year after construction was completed.

In 1978, J.P. Bryan and his wife, Mary Jon, bought the building and returned The Gage Hotel to its turn-of-the-century trans-Pecos glory, melding the region’s rich ranching heritage of Mexican, Spanish and Native American cultures. The Gage Hotel has served up West Texas hospitality with big-city service ever since.

Gage hotel photos
Gage Hotel Photos
Gage Hotel Photos